The KSPE Committee for the Engineers' Week Banquet has planned a very exciting event at the Speed Art Museum.
We are pleased to announce that KSPE will be featuring Scott Erbes as our guest speaker. Mr. Erbes joined the Speed Art Museum in 1999 and currently serves as Chief Curator.
Scott’s Kentucky-oriented work includes the development and launch of the Kentucky Online Arts Resource (www.koar.org), an online image database devoted to Kentucky’s artistic heritage. Outside the Speed, Scott has served as a pro bono restoration consultant for a number of Kentucky historic house museums, including Farmington, the Farnsley-Moremen House, and Liberty Hall. He has also served on the advisory board of the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and on the board of the Kentucky Museum and Heritage Alliance.
In conjunction with the Mr. Erbes Kentucky oriented work the Kentucky Gallery will be made available during the Social Time for self-guided tours. Additional galleries made available will be determined based on sponsorship.
- Date: Friday, February 24, 2017
- Location: Speed Art Museum (2035 S. 3rd Street in Louisville, KY)
- Entertainment: Live Music, Hors D'oeuvres during Social Hour, Dinner and Dessert Reception.
- Guest Speaker: Scott Erbes, Chief Curator of the Speed Art Museum
- Attire: Black tie optional
- 6:00 – 7:30 PM: Social Time – Kentucky Gallery Open
- 7:30 – 8:30 PM: Dinner
- 8:30 – 9:00 PM: Speaker – Mr. Scott Erbes
- 9:00 – 9:30 PM: Awards Ceremony and Raffle Drawing
- 9:30 - 10:00 PM: Dessert Reception
- Standard Registration Deadline: Wednesday, February 15th Price:
$70/individual, $550/table of 8, $690/table of 10
- Late Registration Period: After Wednesday, February 15th Price:
$85/individual, $680/table of 8, $850/table of 10
Please fill out the forms below to make your reservations:
- RESERVATION FORM (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
- NAME RESERVATION FORM (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
To allow time for printing name tags, guest names should be submitted no later than Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
- Raffle ticket purchases directly support the KSPE Scholarship Fund, which is awarded to two University of Louisville Speed School of Engineering students.
- Tickets are $5 each or $20 for 5
- Raffle prize and cash donations will be graciously accepted
- If you have any questions regarding the raffle component of the banquet or are interested in donating a raffle prize or cash please contact:
- Sean Craig (502) 540-6973
- John Loechle (502) 540-6209
It takes a lot of time, effort and money to put this event together each year. We plan the annual banquet knowing that we will not make any money, but because of the fellowship that everyone enjoys and the responses that we receive afterwards, we know it is worth it. There is one thing that you can do to help ensure that we can continue to break even on our banquet.
By sponsoring even one of the items listed below, you are not only saving the banquet committee from going crazy the week before, but we also reward your firm with branding on our video, banners and boards throughout the event.
The cost of various sponsorships can be underwritten (or a portion thereof) by your firm. Recognition of your firm's sponsorship of any of these costs will be included in the program, signage, and video slide show at the banquet. Also, firms that sponsor benefit in having a table closer to the Awards Ceremony and Speaker. Please contact Greg Miller if you are interested, or complete the sponsorship portion of the registration form. Here are the available sponsorship opportunities:
- Monet Sponsorship: $1,000
- Picasso Sponsorship: $650-$800
- Leonardo Sponsorship: $450-$649
- Donatello Sponsorship: $350-$449
- Michelangelo Sponsorship: $250-$349
- Raphael Sponsorship: $100-$249
More About the Venue
The Speed Art Museum is Kentucky’s largest art museum with a collection that spans 6,000 years of human creativity and brings art from around the world to all. An independent museum located on the campus of the University of Louisville, the Speed will celebrate its 90th anniversary in 2017 with a focus on engaging exhibitions, outreach initiatives, workshops, tours, events and art-related school programs.
The new 62,500 sq. ft. North Building at the Speed, which reopened in 2016 following a 3-year, $60 million renovation and expansion, is largely transparent and creates one of the finest experiential art museums in the country. It doubles the museum’s overall square footage and nearly triples the gallery space from the existing wing. The expansion creates a new state-of-the-art space for larger special exhibitions, contemporary art galleries, a Kentucky gallery, a family education and welcome center, cinema, indoor/outdoor café, museum store, and a multifunctional Grand Hall for performances, lectures and entertaining. Additionally, the Elizabeth P. and Frederick K. Cressman Art Park and public piazza features creative artworks created specifically for the Speed Museum. For more information, visit www.speedmuseum.org.
We want to thank you for your continuous support of this event, and we promise to give our all in making it something to remember each year. Again, you can register for the banquet and sponsorships with the Online Registration Form.
Please direct all forms and questions to:
Greg Miller, P.E.
KSPE Banquet Committee Chair
Heritage Engineering, LLC
642 South First Street, Suite 100
Louisville, KY 40202
Ph: (502) 562-1412
We hope to see all of you there!