|Company:||Luckett & Farley|
|Company Address:||737 S. 3rd St
Louisville, KY 40202
|Position Title:||Site Civil Engineer|
|Position Description:||Civil Engineer responsible for site design in an engaging and fast-paced environment. Site design includes layout, pavement, drainage, utilities, and grading, along with permitting, site due diligence and other needs of the client. Specializations within a particular studio, or market, available. Six exciting specialty markets in-house!
Advanced (senior) positions available as well, so all experience levels are encouraged to inquire about opportunities.
• Reads, understands and interprets codes, construction drawings and specification.
• Reviews contractor submittals (shop drawings, substitutions, etc.) to determine conformance with contract documents. Makes appropriate comments and returns submittals as specified.
• Works on multiple moderate sized projects or portions of larger projects. Evaluates, selects and applies advanced engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks.
• Oversees all aspects of multiple projects insuring on-time and under budget project completion.
• Coordinates work for Civil Engineers and Designers.
• Able to perform peer reviews on production documents.
• Collaboratively uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments.
• Actively participates in project meetings during design and construction activities to represent the company. It is possible that an occasional meeting may require travel involving both day trips and some overnight stays to out of town project locations.
• Performs drainage analysis using established methods and with the aid of computer analysis programs.
• Communicates civil/site design through Civil 3D drawings (primarily) or sketches. Prepares the appropriate written (or edited) specification sections.
• Assists other team members with project documentation including report of meeting notes, RFI’s, shop drawings etc.
• Actively pursues continuing education including, but not limited to, CEU’s, Lunch & Learns, trade organizations and independent study.
• Operates in a cross-functional capacity; as workflow demands change it may be necessary to support other production requirements as part of a project team.
• Actively supports strategic goals of the firm, departments, and managers and understands how your actions contribute to them.
|Education/Experience/Skills Required:||Key Success Factors:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Demonstrates a high level of Civil 3D proficiency, REVIT capabilities and knowledge are a plus.
• Demonstrates excellent communication and organization skills.
• Exhibits “self-starter” characteristics with appropriate attention to completing scheduled project deliverables on time and on budget.
• Able to properly assess and take appropriate action to identify problems and propose well thought solutions during design and address concerns during construction in an appropriate manner.
• Exhibits a high sense of personal motivation and urgency coupled with appropriate action.
• Willingness to perform activities not specified here, that may become necessary as the Company, position or the marketplace evolves with the changing business environment.
• Exhibits ability to delegate work as driven by project schedule and provide supervision for tasks.
Ideal Education, Registrations and Experience:
• BS or Masters in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
• 4+ years’ experience with progressive increase in responsibility.
• Professional registration as PE.
• Professional registration as LEED accredited professional prior to or within 12 months of employment.