|Company:||KPPC - University of Louisville|
|Company Address:||440 N Whittington Parkway
Shelby Campus - Burhans Hall, Room 206
Louisville, KY 40222
|Position Title:||Senior Sustainability Engineer|
|Position Description:||The Kentucky Pollution Prevention Center (KPPC) is looking for an experienced engineering professional with a mission driven desire to make a difference by helping Kentucky business and industry be more environmentally sustainable. KPPC is a state-mandated technical assistance program based at the University of Louisville J.B. Speed School of Engineering, serving as Kentucky’s resource center for environmental sustainability. The Senior Sustainability Engineer will work with clients to identify cost-saving solutions for improved energy efficiency and waste minimization, reducing impacts both now and for generations to come. This position also plays a part in developing the upcoming generation of engineers through a student intern program providing hands-on experience incorporating sustainable approaches in a real-world setting.|
|Duties/Responsibilities:||• Responsible for coordination with program personnel to provide technical assistance for clients in the areas of environmental sustainability and energy efficiency including: assigning work tasks and monitoring the progress of projects to ensure project objectives are being met.
• Coordinating with team members to conduct environmental sustainability assessments for clients to identify opportunities and prepare technical reports detailing the assessment results consistent with program service objectives.
• Providing oversight and development of co-operative student interns including assigning work tasks, along with the recruitment and evaluation of students.
• Assisting in the development and maintenance of the program and maintain performance metrics of delivered services and will also assist in developing and delivering training and workshops that address environmental sustainability concepts.
• Experience in conducting assessments and the development/delivery of training in concepts related to pollution prevention, energy-efficiency, sustainability, and/or similar engineering principles preferred.
• Problem-solving and leadership skills and the ability to write concise and professional technical reports and business correspondence.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and Access.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through to completion in a timely manner.
• Ability to form effective interpersonal relationships with others with different levels of technical expertise, possess initiative, and be capable of working in collaboration with others at multiple levels within an organization.
Candidates with PE registration and/or CEM certification and/or previous engineering managerial experience preferred.
|Education/Experience/Skills Required:||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field and four years of related experience. Additional experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to offset the educational requirements.
PE registration and/or CEM certification and/or previous engineering managerial experience preferred.
|Application Instructions:||Equal Employment Opportunity
Please apply at: https://www.higheredjobs.com/