*** EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 15th ***
Questions? Call Greg Miller (502) 562-1412
Registration Information: Please complete the following information to make your reservation for the Banquet:
- Company & Contact Information
- Sponsorship Opportunities (optional)
- Reserved Seating (individuals or corporate tables of 8 or 10)
- Submit your registration by clicking "Submit Registration"
- Print your confirmation page and mail it with check payment
- Submit names of the individuals in your party (after you have submitted your registration)
Standard Registration is available through February 15th: $70/individual; $550/8-person-table, and $690/10-person-table.
Late Registration is any time after February 15th: $85/individual; $680/8-person-table; $850/10-person-table.
In return for your sponsorship your company logo will be displayed during the event and listed in the programs.
To allow time for printing name tags, please submit names of your party no later than Wednesday, February 15th.
Please enter the first and last names of EACH person that is going to attend and click "Submit Form".
NOTE: Tables at the banquet will accommodate eight or ten seats per table. If you have registered for multiple tables, please provide your preferred grouping by submitting names in groups.
Register here for the latest KSPE Luncheon!
Meetings are held at the UofL University Club. Check in for meetings starts at 11:30, and meetings begin at 11:45.
A reservation made is a reservation paid! Once registered for the upcoming luncheon, please make sure you attend or send a proxy in your place. KSPE must pay for the reservation whether or not you attend once the reservation is made.
The cut-off date for pre-registration is Tuesday the week of the luncheon. If you pre-register before the cut-off date, the cost of the luncheon is $17 per person. If you do not pre-register, register after the cut-off date, or walk-in, the cost of the luncheon is $22.
PLEASE NOTE: You will receive an invoice if you registered and did not attend! However, IF you send a proxy in your place, please make sure that individual informs the check-in attendants so you aren't charged!
Please enter the name and e-mail address of EACH person that is going to attend. Once you hit "Submit," a confirmation screen will appear with your registration information. Please print a copy of this information to serve as a reminder.
The KSPE Committee for the Engineers' Week Banquet has planned a very exciting event at the Seelbach Hilton.
- Date: Friday, March 2, 2018
- Location: Seelbach Hilton (500 Fourth Street in Louisville, KY)
- Entertainment: Live Music, Hors D'oeuvres during Social Hour, Dinner and Dessert Reception.
- Guest Speaker: Larry Johnson*
- Attire: Black tie optional
*We are pleased to announce Mr. Larry Johnson as our guest speaker for the evening. Mr. Johnson has worked at the Seelbach for 36 years. After starting as a doorman in 1982, he spent 18-years as the hotels Bell Captain, receiving the National Bellman of the Year Award in 1988. He is currently the hotel’s Concierge and Hotel Historian. Mr. Johnson has become the official recorder of all Seelbach legend, myths, and history, including stories of the ghostly kind. In 2005, he published “The Seelbach, A Centennial Salute to Louisville’s Grand Hotel” (Butler Books). Signed copies of the book will be available for purchase at the banquet.
- 6:00 – 7:30 PM: Social Time
- 7:30 – 8:30 PM: Dinner
- 8:30 – 9:00 PM: Speaker
- 9:00 – 9:30 PM: Awards Ceremony and Raffle Drawing
- 9:30 - 10:00 PM: Dessert Reception
- Standard Registration Deadline: Wednesday, February 21st Price:
- $70/individual, $550/table of 8, $690/table of 10
- Late Registration Period: After Wednesday, February 21st Price:
$85/individual, $680/table of 8, $850/table of 10
Please fill out the forms below to make your reservations:
To allow time for printing name tags, guest names should be submitted no later than Friday, February 21st.
- Raffle ticket purchases directly support the KSPE Scholarship Fund, which is awarded to two University of Louisville Speed School of Engineering students.
- Tickets are $5 each or $20 for 5
- Raffle prize and cash donations will be graciously accepted
- If you have any questions regarding the raffle component of the banquet or are interested in donating a raffle prize or cash please contact:
- Sean Craig (502) 217-1508
- John Loechle (502) 540-6209
It takes a lot of time, effort and money to put this event together each year. We plan the annual banquet knowing that we will not make any money, but because of the fellowship that everyone enjoys and the responses that we receive afterwards, we know it is worth it. There is one thing that you can do to help ensure that we can continue to break even on our banquet.
By sponsoring even one of the items listed below, you are not only saving the banquet committee from going crazy the week before, but we also reward your firm with branding on our video, banners and boards throughout the event.
- West Coast Swing Sponsorship: $1,000
- Waltz Sponsorship: $650-$800
- Two Step Sponsorship: $450-$649
- Charleston Sponsorship: $350-$449
- Fox Trot Sponsorship: $250-$349
- Salsa Sponsorship: $100-$249
More About the Venue
The Seelbach Hilton is equal parts historical landmark and architectural masterpiece. It began as the dream of two Bavarian brothers - Otto and Louis Seelbach - in 1869 when Louis came to Louisville to learn the hotel business. In 1903, after several years of running restaurants and gentleman's clubs, the brothers began construction of a new hotel at the corner of 4th and Walnut Street (now Muhammad Ali), creating a lavish, turn-of-the-century Beaux Arts Baroque hotel. Sparing no expense, they imported marbles from all over the world, bronzes from France, hardwoods from the West Indies and Europe, linens from Ireland, and valuable Turkish and Persian Rugs. Billed as "the only fireproof hotel in the city," the new Seelbach opened in May of 1905 by offering a 5-hour public inspection and drawing an incredible 25,000 visitors. The hotel was so popular, the Seelbach brothers began a 154-room addition in the fall of that same year. In 1907, the expansion was completed and included the famous Bavarian-style Rathskeller, decorated with rare Rookwood Pottery. Today the Rathskeller remains the only surviving ensemble of its kind. For more information, visit www.seelbachhilton.com.
We want to thank you for your continuous support of this event, and we promise to give our all in making it something to remember each year. Again, you can register for the banquet and sponsorships with the Online Registration Form.
Please direct all forms and questions to:
KSPE Banquet Committee Chair
700 W Liberty Street
Louisville, KY 40203
Ph: (502) 540-6307
We hope to see all of you there!
KSPE Louisville Meeting Speakers
KSPE Louisville will announce speakers who will be presenting at our upcoming meetings.
Meetings are held at the UofL University Club
We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting!
Check in for meetings starts at 11:30, and meetings begin at 11:45.
The following is a list of our scheduled meetings and speakers:
September 15, 2017 | Speaker: Andy Knight from MKSK Topic: Phase IV of Waterfront Parks
October 17, 2017
November 17, 2017 (Potentially combined w/ SAME)
January 19, 2018
March 16, 2018
May 18, 2018 (Potentially combined w/ ASCE)